Every time you wash your clothes you need an iron to remove wrinkles and it makes the clothes ready to wear for the next time.
There are two basic types of clothes iron which are steam iron and dry iron. If you can spend a little more money and want a smooth steam iron then you can check our blog about the best steam iron in India.
But, if you want a durable clothes iron which lasts longer with minimum budget. Then, the dry iron is for you.
You may be thinking that dry iron is outdated or you should consider steam iron over it. Then, maybe you are wrong because dry iron works really well and there is no point if you do not want to spend a lot of money if the dry iron can work for you. Yes, they run on old technology and it can require more time to iron your clothes but it works really well.
Buying the right dry iron will benefit you in the long-run. Below is the list of 10 best dry iron In India which you can consider to buy online.
We made this list after a lot of research so you do not have to hassle on multiple websites finding the right product for yourself.
|Product Name||User Rating||Budget (₹)||Check Price|
|Orpat OEI 187 1200-Watt Dry Iron||4.1/5||₹₹||Click Here|
|2||Bajaj DX 7 1000-Watt Dry Iron||4.3/5||₹₹||Click Here|
|3||Morphy Richards Daisy 1000-Watt Dry Iron||4.1/5||₹₹||Click Here|
|4||Usha EI 1602 1000 W Dry Iron (White)||3.7/5||₹₹||Click Here|
|5||Bajaj Majesty DX 6 1000 Watt Dry-Iron||4.2/5||₹₹||Click Here|
|6||Orient Electric Fabrijoy DIFJ10BP 1000-Watt Dry Iron||4.2/5||₹₹||Click Here|
|7||Bajaj Majesty DX 11 1000-Watt Dry Iron||4.2/5||₹₹||Click Here|
|8||Philips HI114 1000-Watt Golden American Heritage Soleplate Dry Iron||4.3/5||₹₹||Click Here|
|9||Philips GC181 Heavy Weight 1000-Watt Dry Iron||4.2/5||₹₹||Click Here|
|10||Havells Glydo 1000 Watt Dry Iron||4.2/5||₹₹||Click Here|
Best Dry Irons In India
1. Orpat OEI 187 1200-Watt Dry IronOrpat OEI 187 1200-Watt Dry Iron
This dry iron is powerful as it has 1200 watt heating element and comes with very minimal price. The quality may not be the best in the industry but it purely justifies the price.
It has a shockproof body which increases the safety perspective in this iron. You can adjust the temperature according to the fabric requirements. There are a lot of other features with this dry iron which we mentioned below.
- Variable Temperature Control
- Power Indicator
- Shock Proof Body
- 180° Swivel Cord enables the user to do the ironing tangle-free. This cord can rotate up to 180°. Thus, you can use it smoothly and efficiently.
- Non-Stick Coated Sole Plate will not stick to the clothes and it reduces the chances of burning. This type of soleplate is safe and easy to use.
- Because of a gap between the body and soleplate with sharp edges makes it Easier to Reach at every fabric. This can easily iron all fabrics with no issue.
- Power cable is not much durable in the long-term.
|Power Consumption||1200 Watts|
|Dimensions||10 x 10 x 10 cm|
2. Bajaj DX 7 1000-Watt Dry Iron
This bajaj dry iron is at the second position of our 10 best dry irons in India and highly recommended if you are looking for dry iron.
The price is very economical of this dry iron and it is a worth cracking deal under a small budget. This steam iron has white and brown color combination. Whereas, the front body is in white color and the bottom panel has a light brown color. The design of this dry iron is compact as well.
- Non-Stick Coated Plate
- Dry Iron (Without Steam)
- 360 Swivel Cord
- 1000 Watts
- Cool Touch Body makes this dry iron convenient to use and make this dry iron comfortable to hold as it has good grip with high temperature settings.
- Thermal Safety Fuse helps in disconnecting the power supply during overloads and prevents this dry iron from short circuit as well.
- The Price of this dry iron is very less and you can surely buy it as the price is very less and it also has a 2 year warranty with it. This makes this dry iron a worthy deal for people having less budget.
- Length of the cord is not long.
3. Morphy Richards Daisy 1000-Watt Dry Iron
This dry iron is best buy if you are looking for a dry iron with a minimal price and good looking iron. The design of the iron is good and the red and white combination with floral design is amazing.
The non-stick sole plate makes the ironing butterly smooth on any fabric with light weight body. This dry iron is a perfect buy if you want a reasonable, good looking iron then this iron is for you.
- Non-stick Sole Plate
- Light Weight Body
- Embossed Floral Design makes it one of the best dry iron design. The look and feel of the steam iron is very premium all thanks to the design.
- Temperature Control Knob gives you control over the iron as you can manually set the temperature and change it according to the type of fabric.
- Power Indicator Light indicates that the cloth iron is switched on and if there is any fault the light will not switch on.
- It has sharp edges, so you have to use the dry iron carefully.
4. Usha EI 1602 1000 W Dry Iron (White)
This Usha EI 1602 1000 W Dry Iron has a very compact, sleek and light weight design. So, you can carry it whenever you are travelling. The weight of this dry iron is only 494 grams, which is equal to a half kgs.
The price of this dry iron is very cheap as it does not have steam. Though it has a very cheap price, this has really amazing built quality and very good design.
- Light Weight Dry Iron
- Non Stick PTFE Coated Plate
- 1 Year Warranty
- Temperature control, so you can control the temperature as per the requirement. Hence, you can manually adjust the required setting.
- In-Build Thermostat will automatically cut down the power and it prevents any major accident caused by the voltage fluctuation.
- It has a Cool Touch Body which keeps the body cool even at the high temperatures. This ensures that your hands won’t get burned even at very hot temperatures.
- This only has a 1 year warranty .
|Power Consumption||1000 Watts|
|Dimensions||25 x 12 x 13 cm|
5. Bajaj Majesty DX 6 1000-Watt Dry Iron
The bajaj electricals is an Indian brand and there are lots of benefits to going for the Indian brand than other foreign brands. They deliver quality to customers from decades.
Hence, there will be no issue for customers to keep coming back and using their products again and again. This is another very good dry iron with features like the cool-touch body, two years warranty and lot more discussed below.
- Light Weight
- 1000 W
- Cool Touch Body
- 360° Swivel Cord makes ironing easy as you can iron all types of clothes with this dry iron. The cord can revolve around so you can reach every corner of the fabric.
- American Heritage Non-Stick Sole Plate make you comfortable in ironing all types of fabric easily. This ensures that the iron sole plate will not stick to the fabric.
- 2 Years Warranty by Bajaj electricals as they are known for their product quality and after-sales support. Two years is recommended if you are purchasing dry iron or steam iron.
- The size of the dry iron is a bit smaller.
6. Orient Electric Fabrijoy DIFJ10BP 1000-Watt Dry Iron
This orient electric fabrijoy dry iron is a wonderful product because it has all the required features you may be looking for and the color of this dry iron is also very unique and good looking.
It is one of the lightest in terms of weight and if you look at its appearance it has a very decent light blue and white color combination which definitely looks really good and you can consider this dry iron for yourself.
- Non-Stick Sole Plate
- Indicator Light
- Temperature Control
- Cord Winder for easy storage. This is a really small thing and most people usually do not consider this but it is important because if the cord is not handled properly it can get damaged very easily and overall it affects the durability of the iron box.
- Easy to Grip Handle allows you to do the ironing very comfortably. A good grip is required if you have to do ironing yourself.
- Streamlined Design is a useful feature when we are looking for a good dry iron box. It enables you to have a good reach to the fabric and helps you ironing the clothes properly.
- It has very light weight so you need give pressure when ironing.
|Power Consumption||1000 Watts|
|Dimensions||25.8 x 10.3 x 12.8 cm|
7. Bajaj Majesty DX 11 1000-Watt Dry Iron
This dry iron is one of the safest iron you can buy in the market. The build and design is also good as it has the color combination of dark blue and white. It is approved by BIS , thermal safe and lot of other security features.
If you want a dry iron which last long with no compromise on the security then you can consider this and it also comes with very cheap pice as well.
- Heavy Weight Iron
- Non-Stick Soleplate
- 1000 W
- Auto-Shut Down feature makes this dry iron safe to use. In case, you forgot to switch off the iron it will automatically shut down to eliminate any risk and increases the safety point.
- Thermal Safety protects from any major heat and fire caused by the fluctuation in the voltage. This is the safest dry iron you can buy now.
- BIS Approved Appliance means that it is approved from the Bureau of Indian Standards. BIS is a government authority to approve the appliance if it is safe to use or not.
- Plastic Quality of the regulator can be little bit better.
|Power Consumption||1000 Watts|
|Dimensions||22.5 x 11 x 10.5 cm|
8. Philips HI114 1000-Watt Golden American Heritage Soleplate Dry Iron
This dry iron is one of the budget-friendly dry irons from Phillips. It is mainly designed as a hevy dry iron. The size and dimension of this dry iron is comfortable for everyday ironing.
This has complete white color which is attractive and the handle of this dry iron is sturdy as well. It is a budget dry iron from the big brand and it is perfect for you if you want a dry iron that is cheap with good durability and after sales support.
- Aerodynamic Design
- Thermostatic Control
- Non-Stick Soleplate
- Temperature Ready Indicator indicates when the iron temperature reaches the preset levels it automatically switches off.
- Break Resistant does not mean it is break-proof but it protects the dry iron from breaking in smaller accidents.
- 1000W Power is more than sufficient for ironing all your clothes. No matter what the fabric is, you can iron any fabric you want easily.
- It does not have 360° Swivel cord.
9. Philips GC181 Heavy Weight 1000-Watt Dry Iron
This is one of the best dry iron in terms of quality. It has the power and phillips is the brand which known for its quality world wide. If we talk about the design it has matte black and silver color combination which looks very premium.
Yes, it is on the expensive side in a dry iron category but if you want to have a nice looking, great quality dry iron. Then, this is the one for you.
- Heavy Soleplate
- Comfortable Handle
- 180° Swivel Cord
- Non-stick Plate is a black American heritage soleplate that is durable and always shines like new.
- Shock-proof Body keeps the handle cool and prevents you from getting the electric shock. It is an essential feature of this dry iron.
- Temperature Setting Switch enables you to control the temperature according to your needs.
- It is one of the most expensive dry iron in the list.
|Power Consumption||1000 Watts|
|Dimensions||1.23 x 23.7 x 1.4 cm|
10. Havells Glydo 1000 Watt Dry Iron
This is a Havells Glydo1000 watt dry iron. It has a temperature control dial which will let you control the temperature settings according to your requirement. This has a pilot light which will notify you whenever the iron heated at the desired temperature. The price of this dry iron is a little high and you can buy if you are looking for a good quality dry iron with medium-range budget then you can consider this dry iron for sure.
- Temperature Control Dial
- Pilot Light is Easily Visible
- Non-stick Coating on Sole Plate
- Aerodynamic Design gives this steam iron a very good looks with easy to glide along the fabric improves the functionality by the design.
- 360 Swivel Cord reduces your effort in ironing and improves the flexibility of the steam iron. This makes your tough ironing task easier.
- Cord Winder prevents the cord from getting tangled, twisted and damaged. This allows to store the cord at safer place as well.
- You can get the steam iron at this price point.
|Power Consumption||1000 Watts|
|Dimensions||27.2 x 12.2 x 14 cm|
Dry Iron Buying Guide
1. Non-stick Soleplate
There are three types of sole plates that is aluminium , non-stick and ceramic. But in dry iron, you will find non-stick sole plate majorly. This type of sole plate is good as it will not get stuck with the fabric easily but some of the dry iron also has aluminum sole plate.
The aluminum soleplate is not good as it can get stuck with the fabric and you will face difficulty in ironing later. So to eliminate that consider a non-stick soleplate at least.
2. Wattage (1000-1200W)
This totally depends on a particular person. Higher wattage means that the iron box will get heated quickly but it will consume more electricity at the same time.
So, if you are a person who do not want to wait more while ironing then go for the high wattage like 1200 W,1400 W. But generally, the most feasible wattage is 1000-1200 W in a dry iron box. This is a range which is not very high and nor very less.
Hence it will not require more electricity and the sole plate will be heated faster if you choose the right wattage of dry iron.
3. Temperature Control Knob
This is a necessity of any iron as this knob helps the user to set the temperature according to the fabric. Because you can not iron every fabric with the same temperature.
Don’t worry mostly all of the dry iron comes with the knob but if by chance it is missing then you should not buy that dry iron as that will not suit all fabric types.
4. Iron Weight (500-800g)
Iron weight is a very important factor while choosing a best dry iron box for yourself. Because if you will purchase very light dry iron then it will not function properly with heavy fabrics and you will have to add some pressure while ironing.
On the other hand if you will purchase a very heavy iron then it will very difficult to handle that iron. Because heavy iron can hurt your hand because of its weight and it is not very comfortable option as well.
So, you might be thinking what will be the ideal weight for dry iron then anywhere between 500-800g can be considered a suitable weight for dry iron.
5. Auto Shut
This is very helpful if you forget things easily like if you are a person who always forget about switching off your home lights, bread toaster , mixer grinder after the use.
Then this feature can be a life saver for you as it will automatically shut down the dry iron whenever you won’t use. It is good for safety perspective and save your electricity at the same time.
Dry iron does not involve water or it is not dependent on water like a steam iron. You can buy the dry iron if you do not consider steam ironing your clothes. But if you talk about the precision and effectiveness then steam irons are way ahead from the dry irons. Because steam iron can be used as a dry iron too which is a very great feature of steam irons.
Dry irons are way cheaper than steam iron and you can get a good dry iron box under 1000 INR. But if you talk about the range then it can start from 500 rupees and go to 1500 rupees maximum. So, they are budget-friendly and a good option if you do not want to spend extra money on a steam iron.
Mostly, dry iron box has two years of warranty and some of the companies also offers an on-site warranty as well. But our recommendation is that you should only go for dry iron which has a minimum of 2 years of warranty at least.
We have mentioned all the good branded irons in this article. But if you want a single line answer then you can go for Bajaj, Phillips, Usha, Orpat & Morphy Rihards are the good dry iron brands in India.
No, dry iron does not require water or this does not even have water storage inside. So, there is no need to add water in dry iron as they also meant “dry” in their name as well.
There are lots of brands and they have many dry irons in their product lineup but we conclude that above list contains the best dry iron currently available in the market.
Go ahead and read the list above again and shop the dry iron according to your liking.